RSS Bandit v22.214.171.1242 Release (with updated installer)
Sunday, October 11 2009; by dareo - Release Notes
As part of spring cleaning to get ready for Windows 7, we are releasing version 126.96.36.1992 of RSS Bandit. You can download it from here [Update: The issues when upgrading from v188.8.131.520 have been addressed]
This release primarily fixes bugs from the previous release. With the code base now stable we will be making a number of radical changes for version 2.0 including transitioning to a ribbon based interface and adding support for Windows 7 jump lists. The major new feature and bug fixes since the last official release (v.184.108.40.2060) are listed below.
The codename for the next release of RSS Bandit will be Gambit.
- Ability to read and comment on items from your Facebook news feed via the "Synchonize Feeds" feature. More details on this feature can be found here
- Revision 881: fixed: import feeds dialog display the wrong categories for a selected feed source
- Revision 882: change: Start/StopIndexerThread are now complementary; no timeout anymore on the indexer thread
- Revision 883: migrated to Infragistics NetAdvantage 2008.3, build 2021/patched
- Revision 884: Allow addin to be in any path location
- Revision 885: changes to fix issue 2555947 - FTP storage does not work
- Revision 886: fixed the issue with the FIPS compliance exception in our own code 2433685; lucene.net is still to be fixed - awaiting an answer from their developers
- Revision 887: fix-completed: FIPS exception; now use a modified lucene.net assembly that is FIPS compliant; suggested a patch to the lucene.net developers: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12416387
- Revision 888: prevent exception, if .settings file does not exist the app starts up the very first time
- Revision 889: get rid of the thread and thread sleep in the Splash controller
- Revision 890: changes to get tree rendering issues with custom DPI settings fixed (yet only tested with 120DPI fonts on Vista): 2218081, 2218104, 2219480
- Revision 891: fixed 2000769: Titles of posts don't show up as tool tips on mouse over
- Revision 894: fixed long standing bug where "Work Offline" didn't fetch images from the browser cache; fixed bug where mark all items as read when exiting a feed or category didn't work correctly (Dareo)
- Revision 923: fixed exception when trying to save a feed if it has been modified since the saving process started.
- Revision 924: fixed issue where corrupted search index causes a crash on every start of the application.
- Revision 925: fixed crash when there is an XML error in the feed sources file.
- Revision 927: fixed problem where removing and re-adding Google Reader or NewsGator as a feed source results in an error
- Revision 929: fixed incorrect "certificate error" messages when an invalid password specified when loading a feed list from a remote feed source such as Google Reader
- Revision 930: fixed issue where URI canonicalization causes feeds like http://www.morgenpost.de/berlin/?service=Rss to be incorrectly declared as invalid.
- Revision 935: fixed issue where options dialog fails to open if user selected NewsGatorOnline as remote storage option
- Revision 936: fixed issue where WebDAV remote storage option fails to upload or download files.
- Revision 940: fixed 2846923- column layouts not remembered for unread items folders
- Revision 942: No longer show favicons in browser history in toolbar because invalid image formats from sites cause red 'X' in toolbar section
- Revision 943: fixed 2852509- InvalidOperationException can be thrown while unread item counts are being generated
- Revision 944: fixed 2840514- ClassCastException if error occurs when downloading enclosures
- Revision 945: fixed 2836001 - column Menu isn't visible on the View Menu in certain cases.
- Revision 947: various fixes related to NNTP feeds (encoding, crashes, UI)
- Revision 949: fixed 1642865 - newly created newsgroup identity is not immediately applied as the default
- Revision 951 fixed 2798776 - English words shown in German version of the application when showing items as groups
- Revision 952: Busy cursor now shown when deleting lots of items from the list view
- Revision 954: fixed 2335779 - Links with target="_blank" open in new browser window
- Revision 956: fixed: 2335753 - SEHException Message: External component has thrown an exception
- Revision 958: fixed: 2867673 - Ctrl+Mouse Scroll to zoom does not work (again) with IE8
- Revision 961: fixed 1504646 : Alt+N - unacceptable shortcut
- Revision 962: fixed 1223886: Keyboard navigation from reading pane to article list broken
- Revision 964: fixed: 2555979 - Desktop alerts on new items no longer works
- Revision 966: fixed: 2723284 - Truncated elements in Search pane with 120DPI displays
- Revision 967: fixed 2723227 - Truncated Descenders (120 DPI) in Options dialog
- Revision 969: fixed 2292733 - Mark read at top level root node not working